The ASICS Greater Manchester Marathon Family Mile allows children aged between 5 & 11 to experience the incredible atmosphere of the event, by taking on a mile one course.The below information is regarding the 2018 event, but keep an eye out for details about 2019 soon
The run is a fantastic opportunity for children aged 5-11 to get active, whilst experiencing the thrill of taking part in a large sporting event and the glory of receiving their medal as they cross the finish line! The course covers a one mile route with excellent spectator viewing points making it easy for you to cheer your young runner on as they race past.
We welcome children of any ability and experience, as the race will be non-competitive. All children who finish will receive a medal. Plus there is the opportunity for parents/guardians to get involved too as all under 9’s will need to be accompanied around the course!
Places are restricted to the first 1,000 children and available first come first served. Don’t delay. Get together with a group of neighbours, family or school friends and enter today.
Sunday 8th April, 2018
Start on Chester Road near Stretford Leisure Centre
5-11 years (age on race day)
5-8 year olds must be accompanied around the course by a parent/guardian
£7.50 per child (accompanying adults free)
Up to 1,000 children
– Race number for all children who enter
– Medal for all children who finish
– Chance to meet Manny the worker bee
Rules of the race:
– Children aged 5-8 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times with a maximum of 2 children per parent. Children aged 9-11 years of age may run unaccompanied
– Parental consent required for all child runners aged 9-11
– Secure finish area will be coordinated by staff to ensure efficient re-uniting of participants (aged 9-11) with parents/guardians.
– The finish area will not be accessible by general public, only by parents/guardians participating or collecting 9-11 year old runners
– Seemingly unaccompanied runners (9-11 yr old) will be spoken to in order to check arrangements for collection and/or returning home before they leave the finish area
– All runners will need to have registered online prior to the event and included emergency contact details and provided parent/guardian consent
– All runners will have a runner number and parents will be given a numbered slip which matches the runner number of their child/children. This will be needed to enter the finish area for repatriation.