Athlete Matters has been established for 9 years, their team has a wealth of experience of working with athletes from Olympic champions to recreational runners. They work with GB athletics supporting endurance running camps and championship events, and offer you this level of service at clinics in Worsley, Cheadle and Preston.
Athlete Matters are supporting ASICS Greater Manchester Marathon runners up to the start line and our team of masseurs will be there to help you at the finish on 10th April 2016.
Especially for ASICS Greater Manchester Marathon runners Athlete Matters are offering a bespoke marathon training workshop on Sunday January 31st, there ar onley a few places so don’t so don't miss out, details below:
Date: January 31st 2016 Time: 13:00- 17.30
Venue: SMSI clinic, 12 Gatley Road, Cheadle SK8 1PY
Call: 0161 637 3633
Workshop focuses on preventing injuries in your marathon build-up. The activities below will be led by physiotherapists who specialise in running injuries.
• Running drills workshop, followed by a marathon specific training run
• Injury prevention core strength class
• Cost £15 + additional £25 for 30 minutes sports massage or athlete screening (optional). Payment in full at time of booking. Massage/athletic screening is limited to 16 place.
• Running drills are used to rehabilitate and prevent running injuries by training the motor skill components of running. They will not only make you resistant to injury, they'll probably make you faster too!
• We will be coaching an interval session designed to improve your running efficiency and VO2 Max necessary to get your marathon time down
• Session planned and delivered by Duncan Mason (physio, coach Salford Harriers, 2:21 marathoner) and Julie Fairclough (coach Stockport Harriers/Bramhall Runners)
Injury prevention Core Strength Class
• We run core classes regularly at the Cheadle and Worsley clinics. Hundreds of runners have benefited from these classes, recovering from injury, preventing further injuries and improving strength and flexibility.
Massage / Screening
• Physio screening involves assessment of your strength, flexibility and movement skills to identify any potential weaknesses that may lead to injury.
• Addressing these 'weak links' with targeted, individually prescribed exercise programmes, increases your chance of getting to the start line in April
• We recommend you have a sports massage at least monthly in your marathon build up. This will aid recovery from heavy training and 'service'your running machinery.
Reserve your place:
Email email@example.com or call 0161 637 3633