To help your race day run as smoothly as possible we have put together the below event day top tips. Take a look and make sure you are on track with these and we can guarantee that your day will be special.
1) The Race Information Booklet is now live on our website. We would advise you to please take time to read through this ahead of race day because it contains all key information about the event. Click here to view the race booklet.
2) Organise Running kit – To avoid any blisters or chafing, make sure you have worn your trainers and kit before race day. Organise your kit the night before the race to ensure you have everything you need. For example, pin your race number on so you are ready to go. Also, please check the weather forecast in advance and dress appropriately for the conditions.
3) Please plan your journey and arrive at the event in plenty of time. We would advise to use public transport such as the Metrolink (Tram) disembarking at Old Trafford Metrolink stop. Our official car park is at Manchester United Football Club. To find out more click here.
4) Pre – Race Nutrition - Eat something you’re comfortable with the night before and don’t try new foods.
5) DO NOT FORGET to bring your Race Number – No number, no race! Also, make sure the emergency information is filled in on the back.
1) Bag Drop - If you are planning on using the Bag Drop at Emirates Old Trafford we politely ask that you only bring a small back pack or gym bag containing race day essentials. Please leave plenty of time to drop your bag before race start. Upon arrival you will be directed to one of several drop and collection points and you will be given a wristband which you must wear throughout the race and which you will use to collect your bag after the race.
2) Start Time – The official race start time is 09:00 with a mass start. Your start area is colour coded which is labelled on your race number. You can decide within the area, where you would like to stand. If you are unsure, stand towards the back of the pen. If you feel you may be running slower than your estimated finish times, you can drop back into a slower start area.
3) The Start Line – The location of the start line is under the arch at White City Way on the A56. Please allow enough time to make way to the start area and for your pre-race preparations because from the Athletes Village it will take around 15 minutes to walk to the start area and the route will be clearly signposted.
4) Toilets- There are 170 toilets located on Brian Statham Way for both spectators and runners. Additionally, there are 5 toilets located at each drinks station on the course. Disabled toilets can be found on Brian Statham Way. Please refer to the Race Information Pack for maps and more information.
5) Timing- The race is run according to the chip time, and your own time will be calculated from when you cross the start mat. There are a number of mats on the course to cross check your times. It may take up to 15 minutes to pass the start line, but please be re-assured your chip time will not start until you pass the start line.
Recovery - The recovery bag at the finish line will consist of the following items:
• Foil blanket
• ASICS technical finisher t-shirt
• Medal / recovery bars
After your major accomplishment, why not visit our official restaurant partner Fazenda Rodizio Bar & Grill, Manchester for a truly unique dining experience. For reservations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We have gathered some discount offers and promotions from a variety of different organisations, such as: Sports Nutrition and Manchester based restaurants. These will be easily accessible online through the RacePerks system and will be great to take advantage of over the event weekend.
To view the offers and how to redeem them simply click here.